Thursday, December 1, 2011

Untitled

I am sipping my coffee when I should begin laying out felt for beads.  But today I used one of my favorite kitchen utensils the "froth-er," "Latte Whip" or as my wonderful Aunt Fran would say, "zoom zoom."  Slow sipping it is in order, so I embark on a brief indulgence of the internet.

Today's journey - collars.

After my favorite Saturday past time - Dim Sum, I made my way up Broadway.  If not for my stomach, which had more than reached capacity, I would have been shoving my way up those city streets.  What caught my eye was actually in the window of a store I would have absolutely overlooked otherwise - I have no need for clubbing outfits, sequined or bedazzled clothing, and booty shorts year round.  It was this unusually demure mannequin and even more so, incredible feathered collar:


As stated in a previous entry, lately I have been thinking a lot about closures.  I don't want to use anything that is readily available but having spent so much time designing scarves, I forgot to think about closures.   My image was to create scarves that are more like collars, and I think many of them would benefit from a closure for embellishment.  
(I would have taken a more detailed picture however, the zaftig, camouflaged clad gentlemen working in the store was grilling me from the window hence the click and run.)
This shrug has a "hook and eye" type closure, where both are made from a satin fabric in a color similar to the feathers...interesting...

And also Chanel.  I was looking at the 2009 collection and found these neckpieces fascinating:






No comments:

Post a Comment