Friday, December 2, 2011

My idea of an opportune moment for documentation comes 20 minutes before I've got to leave

(whew, longest title ever)

Today, 20 minutes before leaving for work, I found my self staring at my latest endeavor - inverted pleats in a large felted shrug.  I folded one of my wider, thicker shrugs in half and noticed that the back of the neck had way to much fabric, it wasn't contorting to the curves of the neck and shoulders.  Hence my solution - pleats.

I proudly present to you some loosely documented works:



you can't really see the pleats, but they're there and you can see by the way the fabric moves in the back.



Do the above images look familiar? Yes, yes they do because it's my friend the Sea Anemone !







This started out as one sheet, I cut it and stitched it together to create this texture.


Bougainvillea inspired pins.


A box o' beads their purpose - to be determined

No comments:

Post a Comment