Thursday, December 29, 2011

To Do List

- 16 felted scarves (check)
- 26 button pins (check)
- 6 bead crocheted grape pins (check)
- 3 ... (and counting) felt beaded necklaces that have been embellished with more beads (check)
- and (for those of you who don't know me) 6 sugar skull pendants are making their first ever public debut ! (ch...eh almost)

The production list is thinning out, but I cannot WAIT to have these things en route to Boston.  Once they are out of my house I can begin my next series/projects:

- Birthday gifts
- A sugar skull ring for Shirley (who so kindly featured me on a blog she writes for: http://thesourmashblog.com/2011/12/06/what-the-felt/)
- A blue and black beaded necklace for me
- A scarf for me
- Personal thought collection and reflection
- See several exhibits at The American Natural History Museum (worlds largest diamonds - oohhh aaahhh), the MAD Museum (worlds most fascinating jewelry ... my unofficial title for the museum's typical collections), Brooklyn Museum (most surprising museum, I always come across pieces I unknowingly look for) and explore galleries in Chelsea (either gawking or mocking art that has entered the realm of the high-ceiling, white wall, thick rimmed glasses bored and aloof gallery clerk Chelsea gallery)
- Plan some trips
- Plan more trips

Aaaand now some images I've been looking at:

Hisano Takei creates architectural felted neck pieces:  

I absolutely adore her use of ivory-white wool in order to focus on one area - structure.

I love Julie Christie's necklace here: 


I think it would be suuuuuper interesting to create one using long felted tube shaped beads.
This is me in my room:
I know I don't look thrilled but that's probably because I am tired ... or the fact that I've been told I look (excuse my french) "bitchy"/angry (people constantly ask me if I'm "okay" - what's with that anyway?) I am absolutely OBSESSED with the texture and color of this scarf and I cannot wait for it to be exhibited and hopefully enjoyed by someone else as much as I have !

Here is a back view:

and side view:

(I apologize for the poor resolution of my Photobooth pictures)






No comments:

Post a Comment