Saturday, November 26, 2011

You've gotta learn to walk before you can run

Naturally, there will be a lull between what will become anticipated witty banter between myself and you kind, dedicated readers of my blog.  Forgive me, as I enter the unknown territory of the interweb and search tirelessly for the gripping news of what I felt today.

Today I am feeling rather ill.  I sound somewhat like a duck, my head feels as airy as a blimp while simultaneously seeming to weigh 300 pounds, and I am tired...kinda, so, so very kinda tired.  This brings me back to Thanksgiving day.  It's barely 3 pm and lethargically laying out on the oversized "L" shaped couch are children of all ages, men and women watching the evening football game.  Perhaps it was sitting in a vehicle for an hour or two that put us to sleep, or the myriad of edibles presented before dinner time, or for those of age the uncharacteristically early consumed glasses of adult beverages, but it seemed all of us were tired....or chatting loudly in the kitchen.  My father, who I consider to be an enthusiast of sorts when it comes to vocabulary, observed that the energy in the room was "somnambulant."

"sub what?" I asked.
"Somnambulant - feeling, looking, being tired... lethargic basically."

Anyway, today was a long, somnambulant day and frankly all I want to do is take Nyquil and fall asleep.  Having no Nyquil and not feeling that tired, however, hinders this plan.  The good news is that on these here mustard colored pages, I actively integrate and try to remember one of Howard's many words.

Dearest future readers of my blog, you are welcome for the aforementioned vital information for your every day life (yes that was an "All That" when it was good reference) and now I must be signing off to tend to some more tea and water.  Next time I vow to return with pretty pictures instead of (not-so)senseless(to me) drivel.

No comments:

Post a Comment